The Westchester Children’s Museum is celebrating its first birthday with activities galore Saturday, April 29 from 12-4. Exploration Stations will feature interactive experiences in art, science, music, engineering, storytelling, and creative play. A special center stage will feature a variety of performances throughout the day.
Since opening the doors of its 6,500-square-foot Hoch Laager Boardwalk Galleries in March 2016, the Museum has welcomed more than 40,000 visitors. Nearly 800 families have become Members and the rate of monthly visitors has steadily increased.
First-time visitors, repeat visitors, longtime supporters, and new friends are invited to enjoy:
- Balloon Car Racing
- Ball Wall – balls, tubes, and tracks to create ball runs that explore speed and obstacles
- Float Your Boat — explore buoyancy by building your own boat
- Light and Optics — explore light and color at the MakerSpace
- Science of Sound — bang, tap, tinker, chime with the water xylophone and drums
- Performances by musician Graham Clarke and bilingual puppeteer/singer Flor Bromley.
For more information, call 421-5050 or visit www.discoverWCM.org.