Rye Lions Seek Nominees for Community Service Award
The Rye Lions Club invites nominations of deserving individuals for consideration to receive the James A. and Marian M. Shea Community Service Award. The Award was established in 2003 to recognize an individual who lives or works in the Rye community and has contributed to enhancing the lives of its citizens by volunteering services of an outstanding nature.
Jim was a past Lions Club President and outstanding community citizen who served as President of the Board of Trustees of the Rye Free Reading Room. Marian, a Lions Club member, was a tireless volunteer in the City of Rye and a past recipient of the award. She was known for her work with the Rye Senior Advocacy Group and SPRYE (Staying Put in Rye and Its Environs), a group helping seniors to age in place.
Qualifications of Recipient:
The Club will consider the following characteristics when choosing the recipient:
- The recipient shall demonstrate good character that establishes him or her as a role model in the community.
- The recipient shall have provided the service in the capacity of a volunteer and not paid to provide the service.
- The recipient shall not have provided the service as an elected official.
- The recipient will either work or reside in the City of Rye.
- The results of the volunteerism of the recipient directly benefit the well-being and quality of life of the citizens of the City of Rye.
Nomination forms may be obtained at the Rye Free Reading Room or on the Club’s website, www.e-clubhouse.org/sites/ryecityny. Completed forms may be dropped off at the library or be sent to the Rye City Lions Club, P.O. Box 354, Rye, NY 10580.
The deadline for nominations is September 21. The award will be presented at the Club’s annual Charter Dinner on Friday, November 2 at Apawamis Club.