By Kicki Storm
The pared-down look is over. Time to get out from behind those masks and invest in ourselves. If you look good, you feel good. Confidence is a gorgeous color on everyone.
To get the scoop on the latest skincare and makeup trends, I held a Beauty Bash to which I invited good friends and New York City makeup artist Brett Loding from Nordstrom. The Balm, which was founded by a former local resident, provided us with amazing eyeshadow palettes, whimsically called “The Balm and the Beautiful”.
We all came away glowing after Brett’s presentation on skincare and makeup.
Here is a curated list of some of the best products and favorite model makeup tips to bring your best summer look forward.
Hourglass Equilibrium Cleanser
Arcona White Tea Cleanser
Kate Somerville Exfolikate
Trish McEvoy Beta Pads
Dior Prestige La Lotion
Guerlain Watery Oil
Derm Institute Antioxidant Serum
111 Skin Y-Theorem Serum
Clarins Super Restorative Serum
Trish McEvoy BB Eye Serum
Dior Prestige Micro Yeux
Charlotte Tilbury Eye Cream
Sisley Sisleya Eye Cream
Dr. Sturm Face Cream
Charlotte Tilbury Magic Cream
Dior Skin Forever Foundation
Dior Touch Éclat
Chanel Le Correcteur
Charlotte Tilbury Micro Brow
Charlotte Tilbury Legendary Lash
Maybelline Great Lash Mascara
UOMA Beauty Contour Stick
Trish McEvoy Eye Base Essentials
Trish McEvoy Instant Eye Lift
The Balm and the Beautiful Eyeshadow Palettes
Laura Mercier Setting Powder
Bobbi Brown Blush
Charlotte Tilbury Setting Spray
Anastasia BH Clear Brow Gel
Charlotte Tilbury Pillow Talk Lipstick and Liner
MAC Makeup Brush #217
Makeup Tips from Models
• Anything you use on your eyes can be used on your lips, i.e. eye balm can be a primer for your lips.
• A cream blush can double as an alternative lip option.
• Bronzers can double as eyeshadows and cut crease-eye look.
• Use a translucent powder before bronzer and blush for better absorption.
• Apply eyeliner after mascara to amp up the look. (Hides application mistakes too.)
• “Triangle of Light” technique: Apply eye lift product down the side of nose, up the cheekbone, and then fill in triangle by using your ring finger to pat (don’t rub) into the skin.
• Invest in a good magnifying mirror, such as Simplehuman (J. Lo is a fan).
• Use a spoon, rather than an eyelash curler for great curled lashes.