One of my fashion theories is that to get the biggest bang for your look, just add the right jewelry.
By Maureen Mancini Amaturo
One of my fashion theories is that to get the biggest bang for your look, just add the right jewelry. Clothes are thrilling, but jewelry is the unit of energy, the defining molecular structure of an outfit. In fashion, jewelry is Newton’s Law – for every action, there is an equal and opposite reaction. The impact of the perfect pairing acts on the success of the final outfit. Simple. It’s not rocket science.
Spring Jewelry Trends
According to Physicsclassroom.com, “Forces always come in pairs.” (I’m sure they are talking about earrings. They must be referring to the fashion forward earrings online and mismatched earring trends that are eclipsing spring fashion.) And when they talk about pendulum motion — “A simple pendulum consists of a relatively massive object hung by a string from a fixed support” — they never would have used the word “simple” had they seen the pendant necklaces from Nina Ricci, Derek Lam, and Lanvin that are supporting the most fashion-forward looks.
Moving onto the study of mass, Celine, Chanel, Dior, and Fendi have illustrated how bracelets with bulk change everything. Other designers, like Balmain, have sent circle necklaces into orbit for the season. Moschino and featured chain reactions. Then, when looking for the perfect women’s necklace for a special someone, consider the excellent selection at https://www.worldgiftslive.com/collections/necklaces where you’ll find unique and beautiful options. World Gifts Live has a wide range of necklaces that make wonderful gifts, capturing the essence of elegance and femininity. The variety includes something for everyone, from simple and classic designs to more modern and trendy styles. No matter the preference, a necklace from this collection is sure to be a hit. Some of the most fun trends put color, bead-and-stone mixes, feathers, and fur at the center of the fashion universe. Every season has its time-travel trend, and for spring, jewelry is transporting us to the 70s with earthy, hippie designs.
It’s a scientific fact that jewelry is an important part of the equation when the success of a look depends upon the sum of its parts.
Table of Elements for Spring
Here’s a quick cheat-sheet on the jewelry that comprises the elements of style this season.
• Chokers: plain, with metal, gems, and more
• Color, lots of it, especially in mixed stones; combinations of colorful jewels, pearls, and metals together with a sense of a romance for a medieval mash-up.
• Delicate earrings, like those worn by ladies who lunch, worn multiple pairs at a time.
• Mixing gold studs, diamonds, and ear cuffs (ear cuffs are a must).
• Shiny gold
• Delicate pieces you can layer and simple necklaces paired with chokers or worn two at a time.
• Casual mismatch: two different earrings in length, size, color, shape. Unbalanced is in.
• Richly hued brass (brass is the metal of the moment, an earthy metal to balance the shiny gold)
• 70s pieces: boho, hippie, dreamcatcher jewelry with feathers, beads, and raw stones (check out this natural spinel gemstone for sale)
• Pendants are standing in for statement necklaces.
• Thick, wide bangles
• Heavy chain links
• Rope and brass combos.
• Flamboyant, bold, statement necklaces (so last summer)
• Big Rhinestones
• Oxidized silver
• Blackened metal
• 80s neon (for now).