Dressing on the Side:
To carry off a new spring look, you need a bag.
By Maureen Mancini Amaturox
To carry off a new spring look, you need a bag. This spring, while the shapes and sizes go from tiny to tote, pouch to pentagon, the colors, patterns, textures, and quirky touches really tell the story. Second only to shoes when it comes to a fave accessory, bags are like potato chips – nobody can have just one. So, as you cook up a few new spring looks for yourself, have the perfect bag on your side.
Touches and Textures – Laser cuts, quilting, creative handles, bows, embroidery
Prints and Patterns – Color-blocked, dotted, stripes, black & white, checks, toile and animal prints, bold color-contrast, metallic
Colors – Emerald green, tangerine, yellow, turquoise, and if you’re too shy to go there, cream.
- (pictured at top) Diane von Furstenberg metallic gold tote at Walin & Wolff
- Metallic shimmer clutch at Angela’s
- Snake clutch at Lola’s can be ordered in any Pantone color.
- Tangerine bag with quirky touches at Weezie D
- Leather tote with removable metallic chain accent that can be worn as a necklace, at Great Stuff
- Black and white stripe tote with oversized studs at Great Stuff
- Cane patterned leather clutch and envelope bag at Walin & Wolff